quarta-feira, 27 de agosto de 2014

COMBO/Speaking and Pronunciation - What Librarians Study

IN THE US:  Library (and Information) Science


National Center for Education Statistics
  • Children and Youth Library Services
  • Library and Archives Assisting
  • Library and Information Science
  • Library Science and Administration, Other
  • Library Science, Other
  • School Librarian/School Library Media Specialist  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_for_librarianship :

The normal preparation for a faculty member in a department of library science (or other name) is a Ph.D. in Library science or Information science. In some fields of librarianship, a Ph.D. in another related subject, such as archival studies, is the equivalent, and some faculty have doctorates in various subject fields, as well as an MLS (or similar) degree.

United States and Canada

In the United States and Canada, a librarian normally has a one or two-year master's degree in library and information science, library science or information science (called an MLS, MSLS, MIS, MS-LIS, MISt, MI, MLIS, or MILS) from an accredited university. These degrees are accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) and can have specializations within fields such as archives, records management, information architecture, information policy, knowledge management, public librarianship, medical librarianship, law librarianship, special librarianship, academic librarianship, or school (K-12) librarianship. School librarians often are required to have a teaching credential and school librarian license in addition to a library science degree. Master's degree programs for school library media specialist initial preparation are also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which ALA recognizes. Many, if not most, academic librarians also have a second, subject-based master's degree.

 IN THE UK: Librarianship

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX6Wpx0tudE